FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Queries about resumes, cover letters, and CVs are addressed here as well as technical assistance on how to access and edit free Career Reload templates. If you can’t find the answer to the question you are looking for, you can ask questions on Twitter by tagging us @CareerReload or send us a message here.
We offer a variety of templates in different file formats. All templates use the system font. Most of the templates are direct files, and you don’t need to unzip them.
Here are the softwares you need to edit the templates:
- Word templates (.docx): PC: Microsoft Word 2007 or later / Mac: Microsoft Word 2011 or later
- ONLY the ATS-resumes are editable with Open Office, Google Docs, and Pages
- PowerPoint templates (.pptx): PC: Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or later / Mac: PowerPoint 2011 or later
- You can edit the PPTX files with Google Slides to a certain extent. To use Google Slides you need a FREE Google account
- Photoshop templates (.psd): Photoshop CS or CC (will not work with Elements since layers are grouped)
- Google Docs templates: You need a FREE Google account
- Pages templates (.pages): iWork Pages or the FREE iCloud browser version (also available for Windows)
- PDF: Acrobat Reader. You can use the free version to print and fill-in the worksheets.
As you can see, there are many template categories that you can get started for free without the need for a premium software/app installed on your computer/device.
The most common reason for this is that you are trying to open the file with an incompatible software/app. Please view the answer to How to use the free Career Reload templates and make sure you are trying to open the template with the right software.
First remember that you have to be signed in to your Google account.
In order to protect the students and employees, some users with Google Accounts hosted by businesses or schools do not have full authorization to use files from other domains. Please attempt one of the following options if that is the case:
- Use a personal Google account
- Ask your company/school to whitelist files from url https://www.careerreload.com or domain CareerReload.com
- Remember that you can always download the Word or PowerPoint file and upload it to your Google Drive to edit with Google Docs or Slides, it’s a workaround but it should work as desired.
All templates are in US letter format, the commonly used paper size in personal or professional computer printers. The exact measures are 8.5 X 11.0 inches. This often scales well on A4 when printing.
There are few reasons for getting an error when downloading the files
- You are using a proxy server
- You used a direct link to access the download.
- You are using an ad blocker.
Please always access the download from the template page via the download link.
Yes, all of our resume templates are 100% free for personal use. We do not have premium subscriptions, we do not charge for any services, and we do not sell anything. The site is funded by ads and affiliate marketing.
Absolutely NOT! All of the templates created by Career Reload are meant for personal use only. Reselling or redistributing these products is not allowed under any circumstances. You may refer to the license page for more information.
We greatly appreciate your interest in supporting our project. If you would like to share Career Reload with others then the easiest way is to use the social sharing buttons that you can find on the website. If you own a blog or website, a link back to CareerReload.com would be awesome!
You can also support us by buying us a coffee.
How to download free resume templates in Microsoft Word?
Does Google Docs have resume templates?
How to add resume template in Google Docs?
What is the best Microsoft Word resume template?
What resume template is most successful?
When can a resume be two pages?
Which resume format is best for freshers?
Is it bad to use a template for a resume?